Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trying to Handsew a Really Pretty Pillow

Gee- this morning I sewed a pillow. I tried to add embroidery although it didn't turn out too good. First, I took a big piece of fabric, folded it in half, and cut out a circle. (It made 2 circles because I had folded it in half.) Then, I left one circle on my bed and took the other one and started to embroider. It was my first time after all and I kinda taught myself so obviously it wasn't too good. But after I finished with the embroidery, I sewed the other circle to the circle with the embroidery on it and left a small hole that way I was able to stuff it. In the end, it turned out that parts of the embroidery string sort of came loose but not too much. I never knew how hard it is to handsew a really pretty pillow!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good project going! How long did it take you to complete the pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really nice to hear from you!!! It took me probably about an hour to complete my pillow. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really hard to hand sew a pretty pillow. Were you trying to copy me? If so, I had help. Help, helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi reader,
    It is too true I did try to copy you. Have a marvelous time at black beaut.

    ReplyDelete