Wednesday, May 6, 2009

School Project

For the past 2 weekends I created a cool school project. We had to make an electrical house and I chose to make the Disney castle. First on weekend #1, I cut, folded, and taped boxes to make the castle's structure. Then on weekend #2, I decoupaged the castle. Next (still weekend #2) I did the electrical part. That happened to be making circuits so the castle can light up. One of the nastier aspects was my father banged me in the head with a wire stripper while cutting a really really big wire. On Monday I was able to hold my head up high and turn in my electricity project. Boy, that was fun. We had third, fourth, and fifth graders come in to look at our projects and mine got "oooohhhed" and "aaaahhhed." Finally, on Tuesday, we got to vote for our top 3 electricity projects to go into the display case that the WHOLE SCHOOL sees and mine was one of them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh mine! I better come clean and say that I am sorry. I am not a handy person when it comes to wire cutters.

    Love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome!! Good job sticking with it and working so hard! I would love to see a photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a cool school project. Congratulations on being picked for the school display!

    Uncle G.T.

    ReplyDelete